View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 10:53 PM
MrK.

Bikes: 2011 Handsome/ Twin Six Speedy Devil, 2006 Soma Groove, 1991 Haro Impulse Comp, 1987 KHS Montana Pro, 1986 Ross Mount Hood, 1986 Mongoose ATB, 1985 Shogun Prairie Breaker I, 1973 World Voyageur, 1941 Schwinn DX "Klunker"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 45 Posts
I have:

Maxxis DTH. (folding 2.15) I love them. I have three sets. Great tires for general purpose/ cruiser/hardpack/ gravel use. Recently ruined one by a maladjusted brake pad.
Conti X-Kings. (folding 2.2) They come in both folding and wired versions. They are a pretty good all around MTB tire. They roll acceptably on short rides on tarmac and grip well on the trail except thick mud..
WTB Velociraptors. (folding 2.1) A dedicated front-rear combo. The cats ass if the going is soft and muddy. Confident handling on almost all surfaces. Be careful on roots and limbs especially if they are wet. The front sometimes will slide along instead of bouncing over it. They actually handle decent on tarmac but roll terribly and howl like mud grips on a monster truck. Will replace with X-kings or something similar soon. The rear is starting to get worn.
WTB Thickslicks.(rigid 2.0) I hate them. They feel heavy and slow. I guess maybe they look cool to some people. They came on a bike I bought. Will probably throw them away.
Kenda Nevegals.(rigid 2.2) Have decent grip as a mtb tire but feel heavy and slow. Have a nice look to them though in my opinion which is their only redeeming quality.
Kenda K841A Komfort. (rigid 1.95) Pretty heavy but roll ok. I have them on an old mtb I turned into a grocery getter.
Bontrager Connection Trail. (rigid 1.95)These seem to be the same tires that come on every crappy box store mountain bike. They are ok on dirt, ok on pavement.
Continental Ride Cruiser. (rigid 2.2) Not really impressed but they are a cheaper tire. They really balloon out, had to air down to get past U-brakes. Had them on one of my vintage mountain bikes that I used as a cruiser. Took them off and replaced with DTHs.

Last edited by MrK.; 05-20-20 at 08:49 AM. Reason: corrections, add widths/ bead type
Likes For MrK.: