kissTheApex

Bikes: Yes please

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 199 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
The best solution is a prescription.
Hot! I want that mug! Correction, I NEEEEEEEEEEED that mug.
Originally Posted by bampilot06
I saw you guys talking about this before. Does wahoo do the same thing? I find it strange that it would know. I guess if you live in PHX than you are always at 100 percent?

Does it do the same thing for cold weather riding?
It’s a relatively new addition to the last generation Edge and Fenix series devices. Heat acclimation triggers above 72 ambient (tracking from the paired smartphone, not the temp sensor on the device*), and decays relatively quickly if you don’t train in heat, the altitude acclimation feature gets trigger above ~2700 feet (800 m) of elevation.

* I can understand this for wearable devices, but don’t know why they don’t read temperature from the edge.

Originally Posted by WhyFi
Raised veg bed update - it looks like I will be getting a good number of Thai hot peppers this year. The habanero isn't looking nearly as productive.
It’s a disaster! I consider Habaneros to be one of the basic food groups. But we also had quite difficulty in getting our Habanero plants to thrive as well. I may try seedsbelize’s suggestions, but alas, it’s too late to start this year. Next spring hopefully.

In other news, I got to test the garmin’s crash notification (it sends a text to your emergency contact) feature this morning. It works! I was able to cancel it before it triggered the text to my wife.

It was an extremely slow moving fall. It was mostly my pride that got hurt, and somehow I managed to scrape the very top of the hood where hood, rubber hood cover and brifter meets, and the side of the right pedal. Considering it was a drive side fall, I’m quite lucky. Next time I know I’ll call out the kid sitting on the ramp to the sidewalk instead of trying to go through the narrow opening in the national park service gate that closes the road to vehicular traffic