Thread: Argos
View Single Post
Old 07-02-18, 05:11 PM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
This took way longer than it should have. I attempted to give this one it's first ride on Dale's Inaugural Bourbon and Tobacco Tour, but the fates were against it. Embarrassingly, the pedal mishap turned out to be me rushing the final put-together and not tightening them down all the way. I decided to go out early yesterday to beat the heat, and get a ride in. Still have a stuck link in the chain that needs to get sorted out. It was quite an annoyance throughout the ride, but I went through 35 miles hoping it would eventually free itself up. That turned out to be wishful thinking, but none-the-less, I do think I will enjoy this in its current configuration.

One thing I have noticed though is that it takes a soda can shim to get the 27.2 seat post to stay put. Might this have been built requiring a 27.4 post back in 1977?
Your Argos looks very nice, John. The color and finish looks great, glad to hear that you fixed the pedal problem. Hopefully I'll see you and the Argos at the next Tour. Maybe even before that...