Old 08-05-18, 12:34 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by there
I'm looking to be seen, during the day and during the night. In terms of myself being able to see the road at night, I'm thinking of a simple light (inexpensive but highly reviewed).

?
Personally I think running lights in full daylight is a waste of time but in certain situations it can make some sense. For daytime riding if you want a bit more conspicuousness you might run a white flasher on the bars. In this case not the mini flasher as I spoke of before but one in the 100-200 lumen range. Just make sure you don't use it on a MUP and make sure it is a simple flash and not a strobe. I've seen many people using white flashers in the day and it does wonders for getting seen.

Could also go with a flashing rear red light in the back but for day use it has to be quite bright to make a whole lot of difference. There are many good self-contained red lamps being sold that generally will include a very bright pulse mode that can be very useful for daytime use. My Cygolite Hotshot 150 will do it but there are others that will work just as well or better. For daytime use the brighter/ sharper the output pulse the better. At night time though you don't need quite as much output from a single lamp. BTW, "I am that carnival going down the road at night". Three rear red lights, two front lamps ( one on stand-by for high beam use ) and flasher on front fork, helmet lamp on stand-by and wheel lights. Not to mention all the reflective stuff both on my bike and my clothing. I just love me's some late night nighttime bike riding.