View Single Post
Old 02-23-18, 09:58 PM
bp2k8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
That would be nice, but for some reason people can't see that carbon is naturally absorbed by living ecosystems. We have been focused on combustion and other intensive energies to drive industrial machines instead of realizing that biological processes/growth, while slow relative to industrial machines, are actually the best suited to maintaining the natural sustainability of the planet.

Now, as appreciation of solar and wind energy, it becomes possible to consider how trees and plants are amazing solar-powered machines consisting of highly complex nano-systems that have evolved over eons. Living organisms naturally use sunlight and wind to build shade-canopies, manage and clean water and air, and produce raw materials like wood, food, and many other base substances. The more we use our industrial-intelligence to refine industrial processes to work harmoniously with nature, the more of a positive-feedback loop we gain with our natural resource base, instead of threatening it with our utilization of it.
Very true and plants can even create thermal or cooling environments. The mangroves and eco system flora and fauna in west palm beach, Everglades etc and northbound are proof of that as are areas all over the world.
I wish I coud have met the gentleman with the water powered car I think based out of the midwest.

I feel we have barely cracked the surface on biological impacts of man and inventions vs the plant kingdom, solar power, water filtration mediums and purification and much more. All I know is when I bike thru pristine areas I could bike forever. There is a direct correlation between heavy metals and exhaust from cars etc as well as other toxins and bodily performance and well being.