Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Have you heard about this program?

Home - Car Free Me

How does it work?

CarFreeMe is a 6-week, workshop style, small group program facilitated by a professional Car Free Me coach. Each weekly session will provide you with the building blocks to becoming car free, and they are tailored to meet your individual needs and goals. You won’t be alone on this journey; your Coach and your small group of peers, will provide you with guidance and support.

Why CarFreeMe works

CarFreeMe works because it is based on an effective, evidence-based, and client-centred approach to enabling people to continue doing what they love,car free. Since 2008, a multi-disciplinary team from The University of Queensland have been developing and evaluating the Car Free Me Program (formerly known as UQ Drive), in collaboration with the community.

Interesting.

Programs like Carfreeme should not be limited to those with disabilities or who suffered from dementia. I like the fact they offer workshops and coaching to become independent of motor transport. However, we need organizations like this for everyone!

I also find it interesting they are not teaching bicycle dependency as alternative to motor dependency. The overwhelming majority of those who are carfree will never become bicycle commuters or even own one. We are part of a very, very small minority who use human powered machines as transport.

A personal custom workshop with live instruction to get you out of your car! Wow!