Old 11-30-19, 08:05 AM
rivers

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 79 Posts
It was my club's annual "Run What Ya Brung" pre-Christmas costumed/questionable choice of bike ride. As usual there was all manner of bikes present: decorated road/gravel/cx bikes, mountain bikes, fat bikes, a trike, single speeds/fixies. And me, I was on my wife's e-bike complete with our dog trailer attached. My costume for this year was Karen, a 1980s American housewife/soccer mom, complete with 80s blond wig, bright pink leg warmers, and my bright green velotoze shoe covers, plus my ugly christmas sweater. In the trailer, I had some soccer balls, orange slices, and Timmy, my t-rex child stand-in as my dog wasn't allowed on the ride. Our half-way stop included mulled wine (with or without alcohol), mince pies, and other goodies.
Unlike our normal club run, we set off as and stayed in one group the entire ride, pulling in where safe and appropriate to let traffic past (with cheery waves from us all). People have loads of patience when cyclists are dressed in all manner of silly costumes. At the end of the ride, we gather at our club HQ for coffee and sausage/mushroom/bacon baps.
Likes For rivers: