Old 11-18-20, 10:06 PM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
make sure you do not have the beginnings of carpal tunnel, that is how my hands would feel on every ride. The nerve in my right hand was far worse than the left and I ultimately had to have surgery to release it. It woke me up one night and I was in massive pain and had my wife take me to the hospital and they ended up giving me a cortisone shot to provide some relief. I had to sell all my gas powered yard tools and move to battery powered which I have to say, has been pretty nice, so that was not a bad side effect.

I still get some buzzing in my left, but it is not outrageous at the moment, but it does bother me on longer rides, 40 plus miles. I figure I will eventually have to get a cortisone shot in the wrist to gain some relief or possibly have the surgery on it as well. When they did the ultra sound on my right wrist, they looked at the left as well and it was only about half inflamed as the right. Unfortunately, I am a programmer, so it is a side effect of the job.
which bike handle bars made it worse? I heard flat handle bars are better than drop handle for carpel tunnel?

do you still have affects of it , if so which bike ( handlebar styles) make it worse ?