Old 12-17-14, 12:07 PM
Kelet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ormond Beach, FL. Looks nice for $625. Comes with some extras. Shame it's too large for me.

BRIDGESTONE RB-1 Classic Road Bicycle, 59cm, excellent condition

This is the 1991 version of this model and is in excellent condition. It's a great bike, but its geometry is more aggressive than suits me now so it's been sitting largely unused. It's a classic model that was Bridgestone's premier road bike when Grant Peterson was with the company. It's made with Ishiwata tubing and is equipped with solid components that work well together. As far as I know everything that originally came on the bike is still there, except for the tires and tubes, bar tape, and pedals. The Cateye Strada Double Wireless computer (with cadence) is obviously not original to the bike, but I'll include it since it's already installed and I rarely use the cadence function. It sells new for $80 on Amazon.Here's what the late great Sheldon Brown had to say about this model:
Bridgestone "road" bikes, particularly the legendary RB-1, combine frame design taken from classic Italian road bikes of the '70's with excellent Japanese workmanship and functional, reliable parts. The RB-1 was extremely popular with racers, and held its own against competing models costing hundreds of dollars more.
Other tidbits: The nominal size is 59 cm. The top tube is 58 cm measured center-to-center. The stem extension is 125 mm. Standover height is 83.5 cm with almost new 700c x 28 mm Continental tires. As pictured, the distance from the center of the crank to the top of the saddle, measured parallel to the seat tube, is 78.5 cm. I'm 6'2" with a pubic bone height of 88 cm and the bike fits me well in this configuration. Seven rings in back, 2 in front. I'm not a mechanic, but everything seems to be in very good condition. The only rust I see is on the edge of the bottom bracket lug, and I've included a picture of it. The wheels spin well and true, and the tires have only several hundred miles on them. I see no dents or dings anywhere, and just a few minor paint chips which I've tried to picture. The paint overall is in very good shape.
The bike was completely overhauled 2 years ago by my local bike shop; everything was inspected, cleaned, adjusted, and greased as appropriate, and new cables and cable housing were installed.
Please email me with any questions, and leave a phone number if you want me to call you. In case of multiple replies, I'll give preference to early responders who include a name and phone number.
Thanks for looking and reading this far!

Last edited by Kelet; 12-17-14 at 12:10 PM.