Old 09-19-18, 03:38 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
Originally Posted by alcjphil
Yes, I understand this. In my previous post I showed information about Mavic cassettes that fit Shimano spline pattern freehubs. If you could find one that came with the correct spacers for Campagnolo 10 speed, you could use it on your trainer.
Yea, I looked, but they just don't seem to be available anymore. I think my solution of 0.2mm spacers should work on a Shimano cassette. I think I figured out too why this wasn't done before because it just seems too easy. Back in the days of just 10 speed, not 11, the freehub couldn't take the extra spacers. With 11 speed hub you have much more room for spacers with 10 cogs. I'll just insert one between each loose cog on a CS6700 and it'll be pretty close to Campy spacing. Only the 2 largest won't be spaced correctly since the last 3 are a single unit, but the largest has the limit screw leaving only one cog that MAY not be spaced correctly. NBD. When I used a Shimano wheel on this bike about half the cogs would be quiet and the other half I'd have to jockey around.

On a related note, I took the Campy cassette off the wheel because I've been having clicking noises, and the 2nd from largest also was very noisy. I cleaned them all off so they are shiny, put it back together and slience! I also adjusted the derailleur and lubed the chain with Squirt wax. I've basically rebuilt the entire drive train of this bike over the last few weeks trying to find the source of the clicking. BB, chainrings, crank, pedals, pedal threads, seatpost, cleats, derailleur hanger, chainring bolts, all those things that can make noise, lubed and re-assembled. The bike isn't new anymore I guess.