Old 06-12-17, 03:12 PM
Thunder Horse

Bikes: S-WORKS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corrado33
I doubt you'll be able to use a claw type derailleur hanger. Those are built to be used with horizontal(ish) dropouts, not with modern vertical dropouts. The angle would be all wrong.

And this bike is a bad candidate for a SS or IGH because of the vertical dropouts...
Thanks for info.
The earlier link by SkyDog75 to the universal derailleur hanger, in the tech details, said it is usable for most horizontal and vertical dropouts.

...That dropout hanger was already on it's last legs as it was using a derailleur hanger saver (nut on the back) which meant you had to drill out the hanger to a slightly wider diameter in order for that to fit.
You had to know that was only a temporary fix... right?...
No, I did not know that at all. It was second / third hand when I got it. And have ridden many thousands of miles without having to replace the derailleur.

...Besides... 30 year old carbon fiber bonded to aluminum lugs? Yeah, if it hadn't broken yet it was well on its way anyway, especially for a mountain bike.
You have a point there, but it is not a mountain bike, but a road bike.
If I get the derailleur repaired, and with regard to your statement, I will continue to use the bike only on the flats.