Old 05-23-20, 02:41 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by onyerleft
REI might not have the world's best bike mechanics, but they are the most honest of any shop I've been in - FACT.

The bikes shops around here cater to the very well off. I don't think all of the LBS's are dishonest, but I am not impressed with any of them.

If you want to buy a $6000 Santa Cruz, you go to the LBS. If you want to buy a $6000 Cannondale you go to REI.

One LBS is big on Soma, and Specialized, the others like Trek, and Cannondale. One shop is higher end. I can get just about anything of similar quality from REI in similar price ranges. I can't get the customer service, or return policy from an LBS that I get from REI. They even compete with that higher end shop I mentioned. Which is a small local chain.

The notion that REI is low end is absurd. Is REI like Dicks? Dicks would be a better comparison for lower end, average for a chain type sports store. Not REI.

The problem is people are bored, and not patient. I would not buy a new bike now. The CO OP's will drop much more latter in the year, or early next year. That's when I would buy!

I would never pay a lot of money for a bike. That's me though!

(I would have bought the 3.1, the OP wants the racks.......)