Old 06-16-19, 08:41 AM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
NO water for 40k imo. you can deal with thirst for an hour. Just drink lots night before.

Speaking of 40k.. I had state TT champs yeterday. New position on TT Bike and I've only ridden that bike outside like twice or three times in the last year, so wasn't expcting much. New position is super fast for little power so that was good, but my overal power was way down and I paced the course wrong, not realizing there was a tailwind for the first bit out. So it sucked. Got lucky to get third after so many mistakes. First place guy beat me last year by a bigger margin and second place guy is new to the state and a fast track to big things locally.
It can take a lot of time to tune a TT setup. More time if the rider is changing (age, side). The new bikes are more away from the riders, smaller and allow more air through.
The thing I have always liked about the TT is how the variables play against each other. I used to TT, my wife really got into it and then my son.
I have found nothing beats the clock on ideally the actual (generally not possible) course where the test will be. You could almost have a bike and setup per course, and weather.
It is the only thing that takes all variables into account, and does not tell you what each variable is, but the net result is average speed.
Rolling TTs with turns are the hardest to tune for.