Thread: Awesome Jacket
View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 10:42 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Hey, I like good gear, and good deals as much as the next guy. More, maybe, since a lot of my stuff has to meet very specific requirements that the vast majority of people haven't ever thought of, and acquiring a bunch of mission-specific gear gets expensive.
And as useful as it is to have a few pieces of multi-role kit, sometimes you have a certain need, property or feature that only purpose-designed things will provide.
Trying to find "The One Perfect" (bike, shoe, car, jacket...) is a noble cause, but really all it needs to do is 'work well enough for when i need it' rather than be the 'Perfect Thing for All Things"

I think we're just slightly bemused by the effusive praise heaped upon this jacket, and the repeated scripturization of the technical 'specification' of it's catalog entry, as well as the vigorous reproachment mounted by the OP when anyone says 'Meh' Glad that jacket's waterproof; I hear hair shirts get really itchy when they get wet.
Likes For Ironfish653: