View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 08:45 AM
cj19

Bikes: Trek Domane SL 6, Salsa Vaya Apex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Lots of great advice here and you'll notice that it's not all the same. That just confirms that what works for one person may not for others, etc. Like Brawlo said, you do have to find out what works for you and what does not. A very good way to do that is to use one of the online journals like MyFitnessPal, which is part of the MapMyxxx app suite. That app makes it very simple to set up a weight loss goal and then keep a food diary, which will allow you to see how your eating habits are affecting you. Very easy entry, uses UPC codes and QR codes when available and has searchable database when not. I have mine set up so that it also captures workouts, including Garmin uploads, and it factors the calories burned into the daily equation. At the end of the day you click to complete your daily diary and it tells you how you are doing vs your goals and where you'll be in 5 weeks. I'm sure there are other similar apps but this one did the best job combining calorie counting and exercise that I was already uploading to MapMyRide. The real value is in learning what's really going into your mouth, and making changes to that. If the state of Wisconsin has a depression in 2018 it's because I realized just how much cheese I was eating before.

Last edited by cj19; 01-17-18 at 08:57 AM.