Old 11-05-18, 11:36 AM
FinkFloyd

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The good: Lots of stuff, actually. Started the season weighing 80kg, never having done a century and stalled at stage 2 of Manchester's 4-stage track accreditation process. Ended it having done some big events (the Fred Whitton Challenge, a pretty tough 113-mile gran fondo in the Lake District with some gnarly climbs; The Struggle, a similar ride in the Yorkshire Dales, and cycling from Paris to Geneva - 400 miles over 4 day) and down to a low of 75kg. I've also started lifting in the gym twice a week - up to lifting almost my body-weight (i.e. 70kg) on back squats and deadlifts - and passed the last stage of the accreditation for the track yesterday.

The bad: Inconsistency. Work has been pretty full-on at times this year and my schedule just disintegrates sometimes. If only I could keep the consistency up a little better.

The ugly: I am terrible at sleeping properly and I've been stuffing my face since the season ended, with the result that I'm now back up to 78kg. Need to get back on it - Operation Skinsuit, as in getting to a point where I can wear one without looking comical, starts here.

Next season's goals: Get everything set for a season's track racing next winter and do some decently challenging gran fondos. Get down to 70kg and stay there; keep going on the weights.