Old 05-30-19, 03:37 PM
faulker479

Bikes: Synapse, Slate

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
I've had my Di2 system for over a year(?) now, and generally, everything works well. But I've had a problem on more than one occasion where the battery will drain after working on my bike. When I'm just doing a lube refresh, what I do is just flip the bike over, wipe the chain down, and re-lube. I always shift into the big ring and little cog to do this. So, after flipping the bike over, I'll turn the cranks, and shift into this gear combo. After finishing, I'll just flip the bike over, and leave it in that gear combo. But it seems like every time I do this, the battery will drain out before the next ride. Usually I'm lubing the chain after a ride, or well before I go out again, so I'm not immediately jumping on the bike afterwards. I can alleviate this problem by simply shifting a few gears on the bike before putting it away. Not sure what I'm doing to drain the battery, has anyone ever experienced this problem?
Others that have had this problem fixed it by loosening the derailleur limits screws. The rear derailleur may be trying to shift further than the High Limit screw is allowing. Try unscrewing it until you can see a gap, screw it back in where it just touches the derailleur and then unscrew it a full turn.