Old 06-18-19, 05:16 PM
Hr1
Banned.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Thank you, serving was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me.

I'll start one and hopefully the other current and former bike cops will chime in. There are many stories, some are actually funny I need to dig up an account of one I wrote and sent to Bicycling Magazine in 1994 or so, it was titled "Pull Over Homer". I think I still have a copy the magazine but I'm mostly ignorant of what it takes to get something like that onto a forum.

In the beginning, the patrol was formed for street level drug trafficking enforcement. I was a USCF racer and everyone on the department knew it, so I was tapped for the job. We were given the edict to make some arrests and "prove our worth". Without any other parameters I was left to my own imagination, so we went to the thrift store and got white dress shirts, clip on ties, dress slacks and shoes. Once our helmets and glasses were on we looked just like a pair of Mormon missionaries and were free to ride in the area of the drug sales without much of a second glance. Once a deal was witnessed, we surreptitiously radioed for an arrest team and watched them swoop in That worked for a long time; thank goodness crooks are dumb

Can't wait to read ^ these true life stories!