FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I think police motorcycles are less useful because really, what can they do besides traffic stops which don't result in an arrest? I see a few, but for about the same money probably, a municipality can have a patrol cruiser which can transport arrestees, carry tons of gear, and most important, have an always-on computer, which is almost essential to modern police work.

What ar the advantages of a bike, except that maybe they can lane-split on highways to chase speeders?
Like nomadmax mentioned, a cruiser is brought up to haul someone off to jail.

Back in my misspent young adulthood, I was a bit of a maniac on my first motorcycle and piled up a few tickets.

One particular day while riding to work, I got pulled over by a single motorcycle cop for speeding. My RD400F wasn't about to outrun a Kawasaki 1000, so I didn't even try. So, I pull over and the motorcycle cop radios my info in and discovers I have a few unpaid tickets. He cuffs me and calls up a cruiser and tow truck.

The tow truck driver used rope to tie my RD to the lifting straps of the truck and hauled the RD away. The cruiser took me to the clink to spend the night so I could face the judge the next morning. That was 1985, I believe.