Old 10-03-17, 05:33 PM
kcblair
Old Legs

Bikes: '80 Strayvaigin, '84 Ciocc Aelle-Shimano 105, '90 Concorde Astore /Campy Triple ,85 Bridgestone 500/Suntour, 2005 Jamis Quest, 2017 Raleigh Merit 1, Raleigh Carbon Clubman

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K
For use with 8-speed Campy shifters, you'll want either an 8-speed Campy rear derailleur or an "old" 9-speed. The 9-speed thing can get a bit confusing because they changed the cable pull in the middle of the 9-speed era. I believe any Campy 9-speed rear derailleur made before 2001 will work for you, while any 10-speed rear derailleur won't. The way that you can distinguish between the old cable pull and the new cable pull is by looking for where the B-screw is. If the B-screw is next to the derailleur mounting bolt (similar to where Shimano puts it) it's going to use the old cable pull. If the B-screw is next to the upper jockey wheel, it's going to use the new cable pull. Looking for that will save you having to figure out what was 8-speed and what was 9-speed, I think.
Thanks Andy, I got that, Ill search for a 8 speed first. Again, thanks for your help. KB.