Old 11-27-18, 07:55 PM
JuiceWillis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krispenhartung
When you train on a non-roller trainer, do you use your road bike or track bike? I am curious how many track cyclists train exclusively on track bikes indoors, vs. switching back and forth between track and road. Currently, and this is prone to change, I do all my seated interval and high cadence work on my track bike and the Kreitler rollers with the fly wheel and resistance fan. If at all possible, I just prefer to train on the type of bike that I race on. It's a personal preference, that I could probably ween myself off of. :-) These two gadgets can generate up to 1500w, but of course at that resistance, I have to pedal at 50rpm to warmup and or stay on Z2! Not ideal and requires getting off the bike and changing the resistance on the fan. Also, for any Z1-3 work, I use my track bike on the rollers if it's 60m or less. This works great during the week, but on the weekend, 90-120 min on the rollers on a track bike is not fun, so I switch to my Wahoo Kickr and road bike.
I train exclusively on my track bike. I have rollers and a cycleops magnus smart trainer that has 3 different settings for different drop out settings. To train standing starts, I go outside on a pretty barren strip of road and run a front brake (weather permitting obviously.) I program my own workouts into trainer road and let that take care of the resistance on the trainer. I pretty much only use rollers for recovery days and some high cadence work. Since i got the smart trainer my road bike just collects dust.