Old 11-28-18, 10:17 PM
Super D

Bikes: Canyon Road, Argon18 TT, DF Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Super, maybe read this thread before you buy a power meter. They are not all the same.

https://www.bikeforums.net/track-cyc...computers.html
Thank you. Also, I've read DC Rainmaker's tests, pretty nicely done. I have been running Stages on my road bikes for several years (multiple versions, haven't had problems other than a battery cover issue and a few firmware updates), and I'm running the Pioneer L/R power crank on my TT bike. Both work well, easy to use, no complaints here. I think on the track bike, it'd be good to have a L/R crank, so I don't have to worry about which wheels I'm running.

Back to frames, any thoughts on what you think the best bang for the buck is in carbon aero track frames if you were to suggest something with the impossible combination of Good, Cheap, and Fast?

I'm realizing after tweaking my cockpit again that I really need a longer top tube. The 58cm Felt aluminum frame I have is just too short for my long monkey arms. I've swapped up from a 130mm to a 140mm stem to get arm and body positioning better for sprints, and it's good now, but the way the bike is set up, it would be about 4-5cm over the limit for endurance events...Not good. If I get a longer top tube, this problem will go away.