Old 11-30-18, 06:59 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
I guess if the rider needs 20 hoops jumped through, they need to expand on their requirements past what someone would assume was a reasonable answer. If someone is truly so proportionally unusual that they can't be properly fit to *most* commonly available bikes in offered sizes, they need to pony up a little money to be properly fit before purchasing a bike. There are world class fitters all over the USA, and certainly in other countries as well.
I have met very few people who needed more reach than a 58 T4 provided... fwiw that's giving you very similar (or more) stack reach to a 60cm Felt TK1 or a XXL Fuji Track Elite. Again... all I was saying was that for a bike you could walk into your LBS and say "I want this" and expect it there in a week, the T4 was the fastest (again..pursuit) reasonable option.

but again, I understand you can build a theoretical argument against anything.
My point isn't to make a "theoretical argument against anything". It's to offer insight as to how people really shop for frames having done it myself and watched dozens more do it here on the forum.

Most people who want the "[adjective]-est" frame never get it. My post above explains why.

If everyone could have the "[adjective]-est" frame, we'd all be riding one of maybe 3-4 different frames...kinda like we all ride one of 3-4 different crankset options...because they match criteria like that I've mention above