Old 06-25-19, 07:15 PM
Ironfish653
Dirty Heathen

Bikes: 1997 Cannondale, 1976 Bridgestone, 1998 SoftRide, 1989 Klein, 1989 Black Lightning #0033

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 906 Times in 534 Posts
Full AC3 separation of my left shoulder. Unreparable, without putting a handful of plates and screws into bones that weren't damaged. (Ortho's didn't want to do more damage drilingl on bones that wer en't broken) It took a solid month of PT, and almost 5 years of strength training to get to the point that i could do the workout i did the morning of the accident. I have to keep at it constantly; weights 3x per week, bodyweight/mobility (like yoga) almost every single day. If i go more than 3 days, I can feel it. A week, and i've got to re-calibrate back about 2 weeks worth of training.

@allout1 If you keep getting hamstring injuries, even with all the time you spend in the weight room, that shows you have a significant imbalance in your legs. Squats and leg presses are cool, but put some time into your hammies, especially if you want to continue with things like cycling and running. Your quads may be the springs, but hamstrings are the shock absorbers.
Sumo Squats, and Reverse Lunges are good, as are a lot of the standing poses in yoga and tai chi, where you have to support your weight with your muscles, not your skeleton.
Focus on form, not speed or power, and you'll feel the difference.