View Single Post
Old 09-20-19, 05:04 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by 400E
So my current pet peeve when on my MUP is the occasional rider, usually a male teenager, riding towards me whom I notice as he passes that he's riding hands-off. I reflexively yell something like "Hands on the bars!" as I pass since I think it's pretty rude to ride in the vicinity of another human (pedestrian or cyclist) without full control of the bicycle. All it would take is the front wheel hitting a piece of tree branch on the trail to send that cyclist flying, and there would be a good chance he'd collide with anyone nearby.

Wondering what others think about this?
Gotta say, the falling timed just right to collide with someone is pretty far-fetched. And I have never seen anyone riding fast enough no-handed on a mup that they would likely end up "flying." Flopping seems much more likely.

I say something when people are shining bright strobes in my eyes, when they're close-passing small children, pace lining on curvy crowded paths and crowding me out of my lane. Theoretical hazards are not worth the confrontation.