View Single Post
Old 06-21-19, 08:52 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by base2
Considering a single bright flash or being exposed to sunlight has been known to induce a seizure, perhaps the most rational of all possible actions is to shield the Earth from the sun completely. Maybe people should refrain from out door activities to avoid risk of an errant flash in the eyes from a shiny beltbuckle or something to the epileptic. Makes perfect sense, right?

We need to be accommodating to all persons & disabilities, right? They do, afterall, have a right to a risk free existence & we should all respect that.

I'm going home to live in doors right now & never emerge because it has been made clear to me that the errent shine or flash from my steel spokes or shiny chrome rims, or GASP! A light! could pose non-zero risk to the 1/2 of 0.00036 percent of the population I might possibly encounter head on.

It's the least I could do, right?
You have me convinced. You changed my mind. Rational arguments based on statistical probabilities to quantify actual risk is just stupid against the power of "nat-haw" I don't know what I was thinking.

Thanks!
Wow, brilliantly just ignoring the obvious fact that the use of strobes on a path is itself completely illogical. I get that you'd rather quibble about hertz and the likelihood of seizures because it diverts having to come up with any rational basis for the use of strobes on a 10 foot wide path.

yes a nonzero risk outweighs the benefits of a non-beneficial practice every time. You're basically arguing that people should be allowed to play Russian roulette because so few people are sensitive to the smell of gunpowder.