MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10166 Post(s)
Liked 5,857 Times in 3,154 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
So we heard from the last college for daughter #2 . She got accepted at NYU. Her 3 top choices are USC, NYU, and Temple.

No way she is going to USC. It's too far away and very expensive. I know it has the #1 program for her current intended major (Film) in the whole effing country, but that's just not happening based on her maturity and other issues. If she shows some maturity she possibly could transfer there after 1 or 2 years closer to home.

NYU is possible, but TBH the cost of NYU (after the modest scholarship they gave her) will cost about 6x the cost of Temple (which has offered her free tuition for 4 years, we just pay expenses).

We are going to have a big fight on our hands, and I don't look forward to it. There will be more drama to come.
I don't envy you. I also have quite a bit of sympathy for her, especially since some part of her will probably see your point.

We told daughter she was restricted to a day's drive from home and that if she wanted to go anywhere but U of MD it had better be significantly more selective. She took it badly at first, but limited her apps accordingly and ended up out of state.