Old 02-18-19, 05:48 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Any update since you've had time to put on some real miles?
Probably nothing of real consequence. I always like the I9 hubs, they're beautiful, smooth and loud. The wheels have taken a couple good whacks including a mis-timed bunny hop onto a speed bump. Still nice and round/true. I ran the Schwalbe's down and put on some 24c Specialized Turbo's tubeless. They were nice but I wanted the wider ones just not in stock. I had about 1000 miles on them and was feeling guilty that my primary lbs in town was sitting on some Continental 5000 TLR's that he ordered on my behalf so I picked those up and swapped out the Specialized tires. They feel like they spin up and hold a bit faster than my Easton Alloy's but I imagine that's mostly weight related and mental disposition lol!

The 5000's were a bear to get on this rim but once I consigned myself to using tire levers I was fine. They seated beautifully though and seem to have a nice profile on these rims.

I don't have any regrets with these wheels, but part of me wish that the internal width was a little wider (I think they're 19mm) just so I could see what that would be like with tubeless tires. I think some wheels like Enve are way wider internally I just don't want to pay the price!

Short story long... These wheels are a-ok!