View Single Post
Old 05-09-19, 03:59 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1434 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 219 Posts
The new job is a winner. Also, the HR person who worked with me is also car free and WALKS 40 minutes to work (about 2 miles). She used to bike to work but got too freaked out by all of the idiot/distracted drivers around our neighborhood. Then I got sent down to the building my job is located in and one of my coworkers is also car free. Got a DUI many years ago and lost his driving privileges. When all of his debt to society was paid he was spoiled by not spending money on cars. So he bikes to work as well.

My first day I walked to my workplace just to time it. As I knew, 1 mile = 20 minutes. My bike ride is just over 5 minutes depending on the route I take. I will skate there on one of my longboards on pretty days. Will take a longer route on some paths. Probably 20 minutes as well.

So there is the report! Since 1989 I have been able to figure out a way to NOT need a car for getting to work. Either I moved close to my workplace, or I looked for work close to my home. This time the latter.

Cheers all! Thanks for the good wishes. I am danged stoked!