Old 03-30-20, 07:37 AM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3357 Post(s)
Liked 3,636 Times in 1,242 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclic_eric
It's fairly heavy, at 18 lbs. My last bike was 16 lbs, and the Supersix has the benefit of those carbon hoops.
Another issue is that I just haven't gotten the fit sorted out. I've gone as far as I can on my own, next is to get a pro fitting done.
The Tarmac has quick-release hubs front and rear, and my local bike shop says only custom built carbon wheels will fit.
idk
So I guess the weight is one issue, fitting another, and then - please forgive me here - I need to convince myself that the Tarmac is cool.
A thing to consider, I know that most disc wheels are thru-axle nowadays, but it's also very common for hub manufacturers to design their hubs with interchangeable end caps, so that you can run them either with a thru-axle or with quick release skewers. For example, the wheelset on my MTB can be run at 15x100/12x142 or 9x100/10x135.

And FWIW, to answer your initial question, I would have gone with the Cannondale. I probably wouldn't hate owning the Tarmac, but the Cannondale is definitely a hotter bike.
Likes For abshipp: