Old 05-21-18, 04:01 PM
LegendaryGanja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grease_Factory
First of all... COOL!

I'm not an expert with Norco serial numbers... back in the early BMX days a lot of bikes were made in Japan by various companies for export brands like Norco and Nishiki. I'm going to guess based on the serial number that that is a 1977 frame. Being a loop tail and having that style of gusset are screaming late 70s to me. As far as model, I haven't a guess. Your bike is older looking than I was expecting.

if I'm wrong, the other possibility is that it could be a 1981 frame... I cant remember what order the date year and month were stamped on the norcos...

some of the parts you have appear to be newer than the bike. Those Tange TX-1200 Champion forks could be as old as the bike or they might be a few years newer. The date is clearly stamped on them. You will have to remove them and look on the steer-tube for the word "Tange followed by a number and a letter". The number is the year code and the letter is the month code. It might help date the bike a little bit better.

What are your plans with the bike?

Yes the forks are stamped A0 indicating January 1980. They are also marked MX which is something which is uncommon aswell

And i planned on just building a daily rider out of it. Never thought it would be this rare lol