View Single Post
Old 09-05-18, 12:56 PM
DGP9999

Bikes: Trek SL5 Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am 6' tall, 190lbs and have an inseam of 34". Have the leg length of a guy that would be 6-2 but with a shorter upper body than most 6 footers. Currently riding a Trek Domane SL5 58cm frame. The bike fits me so much better than any other I have owned in the last 40 years but I still get nerve pain in my left hand (I am right handed if it matters). I get numbness along the side of my hand where my pinky is and I get a numb pinky after about 15 miles on the road. I change hand positions frequently but still end up with pain and numbness eventually. Sometimes on longer rides like 50 miles plus I will also get soreness in the muscles that go from my neck to my shoulder but only on the right side.

I can't really afford a $275 fitting right now but was wondering if there are any clues in my description that might indicate what the root cause is. I do feel too stretched out when I am fully on the hoods or on the drop. Most comfortable riding position is above the hoods with my hands on the curved section but this is where the numbness gets me if I stay there any length of time. Everything else is perfect, no saddle issues etc. Just wish I could solve this one last issue. Have a century coming up and I don't want to finish with my left hand feeling like a dead club....

Thanks,

Dave
Likes For DGP9999: