View Single Post
Old 01-02-12, 02:13 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cooker
Exactly. Do it because you have a specific reason to, not just because "common sense" tells you everybody should always do it.

EDIT - thought about this on my break. If you need to inspect your feet, inspect them, if you need to wash them, wash them, but you don't have to do it at the same time. And, in fact, I'm not sure in the shower is the "perfect time" to do it for most people. In my case inspecting my feet in the shower wouldn't work - not just because I'm not wearing glasses (see also jputnam above), but because it's a bit dark behind the shower curtain, and I'd have to balance precariously on one foot in a wet tube while hunching over and hoisting the other one up towards my face.

I assume, as a fan of good foot hygeine, you put on fresh socks at least once a day, and take them off at bedtime. That would be the most convenient time, I think, for most people to inspect for foot lesions - while donning or doffing socks. They'd be on a dry floor, possibly in better light, wearing their glasses, and they could prop the foot up on the bed or a chair or their lap to get it closer to their face.
I guess it would really depend on the person as to when would or wouldn't be the "best" time to inspect ones feet. Personally, I have no problems in doing so while I'm in the shower/bath, as I am sure there are lots of people who likewise don't have a problem doing so either in the shower or bath.

Actually, until I am ready to head out the door for the day and once I get home I go barefoot.