Old 11-25-17, 11:59 AM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Nashbar has good bikes, but if you aren't mechanically inclined you need to add anywhere from $100-$150.00 to have the bike shop put it together. This might be a good idea if you first create a relationship with your bike shop by buying tires, tubes, accessories, a trainer so you can ride indoors.

You still won't get the same relationship with the bike shop if you don't buy your bike from them... they can buy from Nashbar for you with a slight markup in price, and that helps keep their families fed, and helps you create the relationship with them.

Case in point I purchased a brand new 2013 Orbea Orca (carbon fiber with 105 groupset) in January 2015 from my bike shop at a very heavy discount (they wanted to move the bike and knew it would be a good fit for me), but I had already purchased a mountain bike, an entry level road bike, a trailer, tires, tubes, helmets for my family, and other stuff from them.

I was invited to the co-owner's wedding, and I buy them growlers of beer or lunch at times.