burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
But which PM is correct? The Wahoo or the crank-based one. BTS is assuming there are a lot of drivetrain losses on the crank because he is going faster than he thinks he should based on the power he put out. But maybe the Wahoo is way off? I've been using my wife's Kickr recently, and I was quite surprised at how much higher some of the numbers were compared to my SRM. What happens if you replace the crank and find that the Wahoo is still 30w higher?
I might not have mentioned earlier, I own TWO different meters and the Kickr. I first verified this against the other meter by doing a constant speed test on the old school fluid. Get them to 20mph on the fluid for a min or two, so it doesn't change temperature, then swap meters and do it again.

The other meter matches the Kickr, and reality. It's just way too long for a road and TT bike. It's a gravel bike crank length. It's a 175mm. I ain't running that on a road or TT bike.

The final verification is that when using the worksheet math to analyze rides and guess at my CdA, even with a road helmet and road kit..........I'd have to be in the range of a .185 CdA for the power to make any sense. No way Jose on that end.