View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 02:55 AM
Fiery

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by melikebikey35
But they affect how your body interacts with those numbers. Different seat tube angles will put your body in different places in relation to the crank, and you may not be able to make up for that with saddle setback.

For instance, the reach on my two bikes are exactly the same, and the seat tube angle differs by only 0.5°
Yet, I have to have the seat slammed all the way forwards on one, and all the way backwards on the other (both 25mm offset posts), in order to give me the same fit. Same can be true with HT angle, only less drastically due to the short distance.
Are you using different saddles on different bikes or you have fairly short saddle rails? Half a degree in seat tube angle equates to roughly 5 mm difference in setback, not that much.

Not disagreeing with you in any way, to be clear. I also pay a lot of attention to seat tube angle when checking a new bike because even half a degree can be a lot depending on which saddle I intend to use and what seat post options there are available for the frame. Still, going from slammed backwards all the way to slammed forwards seems unusual for such a small difference in angle, so I'm just wondering on the details of your two setups.

Originally Posted by cricket1116
Also, is there one of those two measurements which correlates better in order to obtain a similar fit? It seems that the SystemSix and Foil become quite longer in reach as the stack approximates that of the Helix....so in those cases, which would be of higher importance in getting as close as possible.
You are quite correct in that the Cervelo is the closest match to the Lynskey you already have. However, the other two bikes are definitely close enough that they might fit fine with some extra spacers and/or a different stem, depending on what your current setup is exactly. I possible, I think all the bikes proposed warrant test rides if possible, since in the end it's not just about how the bike fits on paper. Otherwise, the Cervelo is the safest choice, but some more details on your current setup would help us advise on how plausible the other two models would be for you.

Last edited by Fiery; 05-19-20 at 03:08 AM.