Old 02-26-20, 12:20 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
Thank you for your kind condolences. I did the breast cancer 3 day once in honor of my mom who passed from breast cancer in 1988 but breast cancer gets so much $ from fundraising and I have not heard good things about how much money charities like Susan G Komen actually give to research etc vs. salaries and such. Besides...walking was HARD as heck! Rather ride my bike.

I do understand when the posts are all about the things you mention or what they can get, or if they do multiple things and it seems that's all they do. I get it. I personally donate at minimum $1500 each ride I've done. This year I got that matched and met my minimum to ride w/o a single donation from others. ALC does have a minimum dollar amount of $3000; which since it is 7 days and fully supported, to me the minimum is necessary. I don't do any other charity events anymore as this one is enough. I did a raffle for some Aftershokz and had 545 stickers made to sell. Fundraising for me has been trying to do stuff w/o just straight up begging. LOL
You're a good man, and again I'm very sorry.