Old 05-28-20, 08:21 PM
fuji_owner

Bikes: 2012 Seven Axiom SL; Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SalsaShark
This entire excercise is strange and confusing. If you want to keep a "trophy bike" why would you disassemble it and package it away where you cannot admire it? Why not mount it on the wall or a shelf or something? Also, this sounds like you really like the ride if this frame, and only have 5000 miles or so on it, and you want to retire it? If your riding terrain has changed, why not just tweak the drivetrain to accomodate and continue riding your beloved bicycle? This whole things reminds me of the Egyptians packing away belongings to bury with the dead to be used in the afterlife.
LOL, I completely understand what you're saying. My friends also say the same thing. I guess I'm quirky that way. I like to pack away things that I really like so they are not "ruined". I do that with other stuff too.

The reason why I don't just tweak the drivetrain is because that would not preserve the bike the way I really loved it. But also, it only fits up to 25mm tires, and only has rim brakes. I feel like I want to explore gravel bikes with wider tires and disc brakes.

Last edited by fuji_owner; 05-28-20 at 08:38 PM.