Old 11-22-19, 04:54 AM
nantman85

Bikes: Jamis Quest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
My experience with Brooks has been super great. Still using a Pro model from 1979. Proofhide never applied. It is just starting to crack at the rivets. I have another Pro model from the early 80's that I no longer use, but has seen a lot of bad weather and Proofhide never applied. I put it on a display bike last year to take it out of service. Too far gone at the rivets now.

Often I wonder about the Imperial model's ability to handle weight. I clock in at 230 pounds and I wonder if my weight would cause problems with the cut out design. My son retired his Cambium Carved after only two years due to excessive sag. He clocks in at 235 pounds. Something to consider when choosing a saddle.
I had a C17 carved the all weather model but didn’t find it comfortable at all it was too saggy and too difficult to find that perfect sitting position.

The imperial is firmer than the C17 but does have some give but I’ve nothing to compare with on a leather saddle as it’s my first. The imperial is laced which stops it splaying at the sides due to the cut out, first impressions are that I like it.