Old 08-30-20, 10:59 PM
Gresp15C

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked 665 Times in 421 Posts
My stent was installed during the winter, and by summer, we had booked a hiking vacation in the Rockies. Of course I went along. We had it in our plans to hike a couple of "fourteeners" which are peaks above 14000 feet altitude. There's a certain number of them, and most of them are attainable without the need for actual climbing. I was on the Metropolol, as I still am.

During the mountain hikes, I noticed that I could pretty much handle any distance or altitude, but only by trudging along at a particular pace. So, the kids would of course bound on ahead, while I trudged, and eventually they'd get tired and have to rest, and I'd catch up with them. I wasn't really thinking about the meds at the time, and just felt lucky to still be able to do the things that I enjoy.

I noticed one other thing. Before "the event" as my cardiologist refers to it, I was getting really tired in the afternoon at work, and also had a hard time driving for any distance without getting sleepy and having someone else take the wheel. After the stent, my "endurance" for just getting through a regular sedentary day went up. Now, this could also be because I changed my diet. I was at about 175, and lost 25 pounds, most of which I've kept off since then.