View Single Post
Old 05-18-23, 09:26 AM
Placidrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some people think what’s right for them has to be right for everyone. But there are different people with different needs.

Maybe someone rides mostly on deserted beaches or sand dunes and there is nothing to stand a bike against and and sand is too soft for a regular kickstand doesn’t need a lock. You wouldn’t like it if they said “carrying a lock for a single speed bike is just extra weight and would appeal to no one except maybe you”

Or maybe they can only afford Walmart bikes. Walmart bikes are excellent and maybe not as good as what you ride but 90% as good at a fraction of the price.

Or maybe they don’t mind extra weight because they’re biking for exercise and such strong riders they don’t care about a little extra weight. Many people bike to get exercise and less the weight less of a workout.

Lots of possibilities, lots of different needs. Which is great. A tip: if you think someone is doing something wrong, always take a step back and ask “under what circumstance would what they’re doing make sense?” It will open your heart and mind to lot of new possibilities.

Originally Posted by veganbikes
A big heavy clunky kickstand that is heavier and clunkier than anything else and looks like it is great for Walmart quality and below doesn't really appeal to anyone but maybe you? Get a double leg center mount stand or buy a dedicated cargo bike if you are loading it down and you will get plenty of great kickstands sorta like that but way better quality and even more sturdy and durable.

I enjoy single speeds because they are lightweight adding a crap ton of weight doesn't make sense. When I am locking up a bike I want to get closer to the thing I am locking to and also don't need a stand at that point. If I am loading down my single speed with enough weight I need a kickstand like that, I am clearly doing something wrong in my life.