Old 10-10-13, 12:20 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4389 Post(s)
Liked 3,016 Times in 1,865 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
I'm not a newby to bike shopping, I just don't know about hybrid models. All the majors and most everything else is sold at nearby shops - there are lots of LBS to choose from in the Twin Cities. I don't exactly have a favorite shop - I patronize at 4 or 5 different places in the area. Some will pay more attention to fitting than others, and that will affect our choices some.
Actually, let me amend that to say that Specialized in the Twin Cities is dominated by a local bike and board chain (they have maybe 20 stores in MN and WI) which I've never really liked. That will bias me away. Though last year I was thinking about buying a Roubaix (I changed my mind) and so I would consider buying from them if they had the bike we really wanted. There are shops I like in the area for Trek, Giant, Cannondale, Fuji and most of the other common brands.

Based on Rhodabike's suggestion, my wife has agreed to test ride a Cannondale Quick at a nearby LBS this weekend. That's the first one we'll try, anyway.