Old 04-03-18, 01:02 PM
Jarrett2

Bikes: Steel 1x's

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Turzy
anyone doing keto ever suffered of headache after eating sugar ? (ie: birthday cake...)
happened to me over the week end, thought it might be because I had been doing keto for close to a month?
A huge intake of sugar will have weird effects once you break the addiction. The keto diet is a little different than other diets because cheat days aren't rewarding. When you decide to fall off the wagon and go crazy on the carbs, you usually have a less positive experience than you're hoping for. Seems to be different for everyone.

But the positives outweigh the negatives for me. I went on a road trip this past weekend and stayed on plan. I did a 46 mile ride with a lot of climbing, then came back in the afternoon and did a 6 mile hike with a ton of climbing. Got up the next morning and did 25 more miles on the bike, followed by another 3 mile walk. All on low carb intake.

When I was sugar burning, I would have needed to eat glucose gel packs to do that much activity over two days, but now that I'm fat adapted, I don't need excessive amounts of carbs to do that level of aerobic activity anymore. My energy stays consistent throughout. Much preferred the the ups and downs of the old sugar cycle.

Last edited by Jarrett2; 04-03-18 at 01:10 PM.