Thread: Upload limit?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 08:31 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
^^^^ They're all post photos. A lot of them are duplicates. I often post pics from earlier posts to new posts, when they're relevant. When I do, I always post an "img" link to the original photo, but evidently the forum software sees fit to store a new copy in my "Post pictures" album as a duplicate.

If there were a "where used" feature, that told you what post(s) a particular pic is associated with, it would help.

Edit - there are some that have more duplicates than can be accounted for by reference posting / re-posting. I just found one with four copies, all uploaded within 2-3 minutes of each other. I most definitely did not post that many messages with the same photo that many times that quickly.

I wonder if at some point, the forum software would re-upload an inline pic every time you preview a post, or edit an existing one. I preview at least 99% of my posts, esp. those with inline images, and sometimes multiple times before hitting the final post button. If the software is clogging up my "Post pictures" album with dupes any time I do that, it would definitely explain the number. Again - if I knew that was it, and knew which pics were actually associated with real posts and which were "orphans", I could probably clean up a fair amount. Of course, the software shouldn't require such exercises, but I digress......

Edit 2 -- I'm pretty sure the forum was saving duplicates of pics in some cases, when I would either preview or edit a post with pics. I slogged through them and found several with up to four copies of the same pic, but only one associated with a post. I figured it out based on matching the uuid file name of the pic in the album with the pic in the post. It was a mind-numbing slog, but I deleted well over 50 such pics, that had been "stranded" by that process but still counting as pics in my gallery. So I'm down to about 150, but I'm still getting the "Upload Limit" message.

Last edited by madpogue; 05-15-19 at 10:56 PM.