Old 06-07-19, 07:45 PM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
but its so tricky for us non unicycle riders to know what its like on a unicycle seat, which I presume has very different pressure issues as there is no "third point of contact-weight reducing" point of handlebars to come into play, not to mention the different angles and whatnot that are involved with riding balancing a uni
Actually I, and anyone else riding serious distance do run a narrow handlebar with a pair of bar ends to hold. It's not really for steering of course (though it does seem to reduce the pedal-induced wobble) but it helps a lot with positioning on the saddle, takes a little weight, and is really key to being able to stand up for a few revs now and then for a seat break (being fixed we can't actually coast). There are only maybe four distance-worthy saddles on the market, I've tried two of them and currently ride the one I found better - the two I've tried are incidentally the most bike-like, being dead flat without the traditional banana curve, and the one I stuck with is the firmer of the pair. I do mean to revert some recent adjustments to angle and height next time out, but overall my question here is more about figuring out how what I can in one day (a metric right now, an imperial at peak buildup last summer) maps to touring plausibility.