Old 06-12-19, 06:14 AM
phile

Bikes: van moof dropdown, btwin triban 100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Stadjer
I believe the idea behind the design was to show sturdiness, simplicity and practicality in it's shapes. The design kind of works in showing what it's about. They claimed to make a Dutch city bike but that's probably more for international marketing where their real aim is. I've seen a quite a few older ones and they don't look like they will last very long. They went a bit over the top with the tech features at least once so I don't know about the simplicity. In practicality they seem to have some good ideas, like a space for a chain lock and the brake cables tugged close to the frame (cables are vulnerable in tight and busy bicycle racks), but they also lack things like a full chain case, a truly upright position and interchangeability of parts and accessoires also helps after a while. Maybe that's why the older ones look so bad.
that integrated lock space thing was cancelled out quite awhile ago. i see a lot of those older models around and found it interesting. from what i've seen the brand pretty much focuses on their e bikes now and have the non electric counterparts as simple models to corporate clients. ( the student hotel, tommy hilfiger, etc)

the proprietary accessories is a paint though. had to pay around 80 euros for my front rack.