View Single Post
Old 06-17-19, 04:30 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by lasauge
I like nearly all aspects of wrenching on bikes, the only things I don't enjoy are the simple tasks that sometimes become frustratingly fiddly: aligning disc brake calipers, running internal cable/housing, getting the end of the brake cable to stay in place in the anchor when setting up traditional brake levers, adjusting post style brake pad alignment, etc.
Same here, especially if the fiddly thing won't stay put, or if some early error in the process dooms me to imperfect alignment. The fenders on my Sport SX seem to be like that, but I've gotten them in a better spot recently.

BTW, I do love building and truing wheels. In fact, I relish taking an old bent wheel and getting creative in restoring it to rideable shape.

I think all of this is predicated on having plenty of time to do the task, though. If my time is constrained, I enjoy the thing much less. I doubt I could be a profitable bike shop employee.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498