Old 07-30-18, 06:46 AM
timtak

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.2 SL 2007, Look KG386, R022 Re-framed Azzurri Primo, Felt Z5, Trek F7.3 FX

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 73 Posts
Originally Posted by pursuance
71 and my knees are better than ever.
Meniscus can be regenerated.
youtube > John Bergman knees.
Best of luck to ya...
Thanks very much. I started doing the first John Bergman exercise here
which is to put weights on your ankles (a 1kg band strapping a 1.3kg barbell in my case)
and dangle them back and forth for ten minutes. It also occurs to me that cycling in circles, scraping the mud of the bottom of ones feet and even going over the top and pulling upwards on the back part of the cycle then, cycling itself should be a regenerative exercise.

I was doing some crazy stomping, out of the saddle in the drops, pulling up and pushing more than my weight on hills.
I am hoping that at least becoming a spinner, as opposed to a stomper, will allow me to cycle at least another 20 years. I am 53.

(I am slightly persuaded by the aquatic ape theory of human development, and think that swimming and catching shellfish was important in human evolution. There shellfish shell mounds all over the world. We could not run fast enough to kill but could use tools to open shells (and also to push large predators from an scavenge their kills perhaps). I think that swimming may be a knee regenerative exercise (in the above Bergman pull apart and wobble sense) and that glucosamine is made from shell extract. I am feeling paleo. )