View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 03:22 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
When I am sub-consciously computing the sweetest line around a cager parked in the bikelane, or filtering past a 1/4 mile queue of cagers at the freeway on-ramp, or deftly operating the 3x8sp drivetrain of our commute tandem while setting up for the left turn that I refuse to take like a pedestrian. When I am doing all that, BikeForums is far from uppermost in my thoughts. Cagers have been called that since before I was interested in motorcycles and started reading bike magazines in the 70's. I think they've gotten used to it. Besides ... it's what they is. If we were to start calling them 'murderous morons', 'mouth breathers', 'entitled ^*&^#'s' ... no, I think they've done well to not have things escalate past 'cager' after all this time. I acknowledge each and every courtesy I receive on the road with a wave or other sign of goodwill. I don't see the term cager as anything other than descriptive. I imagine few, if any, non-cyclists make it this far so as to be infected with our culture and its biases.
Why not just be mature and call them "drivers"?
Likes For OBoile: