Old 10-08-19, 01:21 PM
Rides4Beer

Bikes: SuperSix Evo | Revolt

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
Liked 815 Times in 414 Posts
Originally Posted by mcours2006
I've no problems with ebikes. Don't care about KOMs on Strava. If someone brought one out to a group ride I'd expect him to do all the pulling.�� What I dislike is that on my commute, and this happened twice today, one on each trip, these guys are on a MUP, going in excess of 20mph where there are pedestrians and slower cyclists (me). One of these numb nuts passed me this morning very stealthily in the dark with no lights, no warning, probably going 25 mph.

These things should be on the road with the speeds they are capable of. But that's another thread. I know.��
Don't need an e-bike for that, plenty of roadies do it on the MUP here all the time. I'll do 20+ on the MUP if it's empty, but have no problem slowing down if there's traffic, if I care about my average speed, I'm out on the road.

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Presumably he would have had less fun under his own power and riding with the 'not pretty fast group'?
Who knows, he was having fun and there was no podium involved, so more power to him. Maybe he couldn't have finished it at all under his own power and the e-bike allowed him to both finish and ride with the fast group. Again, so long as there's not a podium involved, I don't care if there are e-bikes in the group, so long as they ride safe and know how to handle their bike. But if it's an actual race, then the only motors involved had better be legs. Right now this isn't an issue, as e-bikes are pretty easily identifiable, should be interesting as the tech shrinks and they become indistinguishable from regular bikes.